hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Sandy Ryza <sandy.r...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: whitelist feature of YARN
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 17:23:35 GMT
Hi Krishna,

>From your previous email, it looks like you are using the AMRMClient APIs.
 Support for whitelisting is not yet supported through them.  I am working
on this in YARN-521, which should be included in the next release after
2.1.0-beta.  If you are submitting ResourceRequests directly to the RM, you
can whitelist a node by
* setting the relaxLocality flag on the node-level ResourceRequest to true
* setting the relaxLocality flag on the corresponding rack-level
ResourceRequest to false
* setting the relaxLocality flag on the corresponding any-level
ResourceRequest to false

-Sandy