hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Devaraj k <devara...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Requesting containers on a specific host
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 03:22:59 GMT
Hi Kishore,

hadoop-2.1.0 beta release is in voting process now.

You can try out from hadoop-2.1.0 beta RC http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.0-beta-rc0/
or you could check the same with trunk build.

Thanks
Devaraj k

From: Krishna Kishore Bonagiri [mailto:write2kishore@gmail.com]
Sent: 04 July 2013 21:33
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Requesting containers on a specific host

Thanks Arun, it seems to be available with 2.1.0-beta, when will that be released? Or if I
want it now, could I get from the trunk?

-Kishore

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com<mailto:acm@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:
To guarantee nodes on a specific container you need to use the whitelist feature we added
recently:

Arun

On Jul 4, 2013, at 3:14 AM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <write2kishore@gmail.com<mailto:write2kishore@gmail.com>>