hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "Amit Anand" <aan...@aquratesolutions.com>
Subject hadoop datanode capacity issue
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2013 14:18:01 GMT
Hi All,

I have configured a three node cluster:

For each data node the configured capacity is showing double the size of
actual storage. Below is the screen shot of configuration  files, "dfsadmin
-report" and "df -h" from each node. Any idea why would it show configured
capacity as double the size of actual storage?

After looking at configuration files, I am assuming each directory mentioned
under "dfs.data.dir" is being treated as a separate storage device and hence
doubling the configured capacity size. Am I correct? Is this a bug or
something wrong with my configuration?

CORE-SITE.XML, HDFS-SITE.XML, MAPRED-SITE.XML (From all nodes)

R1NN1 (NAMENODE, DATANODE, JOBTRACKER)

R1SN1 (SECONDARY NAMENODE, DATANODE, TASKTRACKER)

R1DN1(DATANODE, TASKTRACKER)

DFSADMIN -REPORT

Thank You,

Amit Anand

(Mob) 484.682.3065 , 215-995-1058

(Fax) 215.359.9674

(Desk). 215-774-9959

 <mailto:aanand@aquratesolutions.com> aanand@aquratesolutions.com

Disclaimer: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient
(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and

NOTE: Under Bill s.1618 Title III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this
mail cannot be considered Spam as long as we include the contact information
for removal from our mailing list. To be removed from our mailing list
please reply to this email with 'remove' in the subject heading and your
email address in the body. Include complete address and/or domain/aliases to
be removed.