hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Praveen M <lefthandma...@gmail.com>
Subject hadoop 2.0 client configuration
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 00:05:22 GMT
Hello,

I'm a hadoop n00b, and I had recently upgraded from hadoop 0.20.2 to
hadoop 2 (chd-4.2.1)

For a client configuration to connect to the hadoop cluster, in the
earlier 0.20.2 case,

I had to specify only the,
fs.default.name and mapred.job.tracker config parameters.

But now, with the HA configuration of hadoop 2. I have a lot of
parameters in my client configuration.

fs.defaultFS
dfs.nameservices
dfs.ha.namenodes.<nameservice-id>
dfs.namenode.rpc-address.<nameservice-id>.<namenode-1>
dfs.namenode.rpc-address.<nameservice-id>.<namenode-2>
dfs.namenode.shared.edits.dir
ha.zookeeper.quorum

My Question is, do I really need all these configurations in the client?

I'm looking for minimalist client configuration that would let me work
with the hadoop cluster in HA mode.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks you,
Praveen