hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Compatibility of Hadoop 0.20.x and hadoop 1.0.3
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 04:44:16 GMT

It should mostly work. I just checked our CHANGES.txt file and haven't seen much incompatibilities
introduced between those releases.

But 0.20.3 is pretty old, so only one way to know for sure - compile and run against 1.x.

If you are making that jump, you may as well use the latest releases in 1.x line.

Thanks,
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/