hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject Hadoop JARs and Eclipse
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 17:37:56 GMT
Well, I've failed and given up on building Hadoop in Eclipse.  Too many things go wrong with
Maven plugins and m2e.
But Hadoop builds just fine using the command-line, and it runs using Sandy's development-node
instructions.
My strategy now is

1)      Tell Eclipse about all of the Hadoop JARs

2)      Make a project with the sample ApplicationMaster distributed shell and build it.
Is there a shortcut for adding all relevant JARs to Eclipse?  They ended up in a lot of separate
folders after the build and I can't tell if there is one "target" containing all of the ones
I need.
Thanks
John