hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: log4j defaults for AM & task
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 20:24:59 GMT
Unfortunately this isnt' well documented, but if the cmd-line for your container has <LOG_DIR>,
that variable will be substituted by the NodeManager with the directory where the logs will
be put.

For e.g. you can pass in: myapp.py 2> <LOG_DIR>/stderr etc.

I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-772 to track documentation for this
and other such features which are available.

thanks,
Arun

On Jun 6, 2013, at 12:44 PM, John Lilley wrote:

> In debugging a custom AM and its tasks, I want to create log4j settings so that the log
output goes to someplace “standard” where I can collect all of the logs at the end of
the run and see what happened to each part.  Is there a convention for doing this?  Does each
task get a well-defined and unique directory where I can leave log files at the end of the
run?

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.