hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Sanjay Subramanian <Sanjay.Subraman...@wizecommerce.com>
Subject LZO compression implementation in Hive
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 21:51:42 GMT
Hi Programming Hive Book authors

Maybe a lot of u have already successfully implemented this but only these last two weeks
, we implemented our aggregations using LZO compression in Hive - MR jobs creating LZO files
as Input for Hive ---> Therafter Hive aggregations creating more LZO files as output.
As usual nothing was straight forward :-)  Also the other challenge was to neatly tie all
into actions in Oozie workflows….but after being underwater for weeks I think I am able
to  rise above water and breathe !

In the next version of the book , If u guys r planning to add detailed sections on using lzo
compression in Hive , let me know…my experiences might be useful :-)

Thanks

sanjay

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE