hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Patai Sangbutsarakum <Patai.Sangbutsara...@turn.com>
Subject Re: Hardware Selection for Hadoop
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 22:57:56 GMT
I really doubt if he would spend $ to by 10 cores on a die CPU for "proof of concept" machines.
Actually, I even think of telling you to gathering old machines (but reliable) as much as
you can collect.
Put as much as disks, Ram you can. teaming up NIC if you can, and at that point you can proof
your concept up to certain point.

You will get the idea how is your application will behave, how big of the data set you will
play with
is the application cpu or io bound, and from that you can go out shopping buy the best fit
server configuration.

On May 6, 2013, at 4:17 AM, Michel Segel <michael_segel@hotmail.com<mailto:michael_segel@hotmail.com>>