hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Robert Rapplean <robert.rappl...@trueffect.com>
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 14:58:58 GMT
Hey, there. My Google skills have failed me, and I hope someone here can point me in the right
direction.

We're storing data on our Hadoop cluster in Snappy compressed format. When we pull a raw file
down and try to read it, however, the Snappy libraries don't know how to read the files. They
tell me that the stream is missing the snappy identifier. I tried inserting 0xff 0x06 0x00
0x00 0x73 0x4e 0x61 0x50 0x70 0x59 into the beginning of the file, but that didn't do it.

Can someone point me to resources for figuring out how to uncompress these files without going
through Hadoop?

Robert Rapplean
Senior Software Engineer
303-872-2256  direct  | 303.438.9597  main | www.trueffect.com