hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From zhoushuaifeng <zhoushuaif...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: setting hdfs balancer bandwidth doesn't work
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 14:22:01 GMT
Yes, I restart my cluster.
It may be the OS problem. My cluster has 5 nodes, 4 are redhat, and the last added one is
suse11. The bandwidth setting works on the redhat nodes, but not on the suse one. My be it
doesn't work well when the cluster are composed by different systems.
Is it a bug?
Thanks

zhoushuaifeng

发件人: yuchen xie
发送时间: 2013-04-19 14:50
收件人: user
主题: Re: setting hdfs balancer bandwidth doesn't work
have you try to restart your cluster or execute "$HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop dfsadmin -setBalanacerBandwidth
104857600" ?

2013/4/19 周帅锋 <zhoushuaifeng@gmail.com>

I set bandwidthPerSec = 104857600, but when I add a new data node, and run hadoop balancer,
the bandwidth is only 1MB/s, and the datanode log shows that:
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.
datanode.DataNode: Balancing bandwith is 1048576 bytes/s

My hadoop core version is 1.0.3

Thanks