hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <rkevinbur...@charter.net>
Subject Re: Warnings?
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2013 03:24:51 GMT
Is the native library not available for Ubuntu? If so how do I load it?

Can I tell which key is off? Since I am just starting I would want to be as up to date as
possible. It is out of date probably because I copied my examples from books and tutorials.

The main class does derive from Tool. Should I ignore this warning as it seems to be in error?

Thank you.

On Apr 26, 2013, at 7:49 PM, Ted Xu <txu@gopivotal.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First warning is saying hadoop cannot load native library, usually a compression codec.
In that case, hadoop will use java implementation instead, which is slower.

> Second is caused by hadoop 1.x/2.x configuration key change. You're using a 1.x style
key under 2.x, yet hadoop still guarantees backward compatibility.

> Third is saying that the main class of a hadoop application is recommanded to implement
org.apache.hadoop.util.Tool, or else generic command line options (e.g., -D options) will
not supported.

> On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 5:51 AM, <rkevinburton@charter.net> wrote:
>> I am running a simple WordCount m/r job and I get output but I get five warnings
that I am not sure if I should pay attention to:

>> 13/04/26 16:24:50 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library
for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable

>> 13/04/26 16:24:50 WARN conf.Configuration: session.id is deprecated. Instead, use
dfs.metrics.session-id

>> 13/04/26 16:24:50 WARN mapred.JobClient: Use GenericOptionsParser for parsing the
arguments. Applications should implement Tool for the same.

>> 13/04/26 16:24:51 WARN mapreduce.Counters: Group org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Task$Counter
is deprecated. Use org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TaskCounter instead

>> 13/04/26 16:24:51 WARN mapreduce.Counters: Counter name MAP_INPUT_BYTES is deprecated.
Use FileInputFormatCounters as group name and  BYTES_READ as counter name instead

>> Any ideas on what these mean? The only one that I can see in the code is the third
one. I am using GenericOptionsParser as it is part of an example that I copied. But I don't
know why this is considered bad.