hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "Ho Duc Ha" ...@trancorp.com>
Subject NullPointerException: JobTracker.resolveAndAddToTopology - Failed to run Job on new hadoop 2.0.0 (CDH4.51)
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 11:46:43 GMT
After a new installation of CDH4.51 (Hadoop 2.0.0) we get this exception
when trying to run a job.  We have not done any configuration of rack
awareness (everything is in /default).

Job initialization failed:

java.lang.NullPointerException

     at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.resolveAndAddToTopology(JobTracker.java:
2751)

     at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobInProgress.createCache(JobInProgress.java:578)

     at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobInProgress.initTasks(JobInProgress.java:750)

     at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.initJob(JobTracker.java:3775)

     at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.EagerTaskInitializationListener$InitJob.run(EagerTa
skInitializationListener.java:90)

     at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.ja
va:886)

     at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:9
08)

     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

This bug looked related, but we couldn't work out a solution from the
comments:

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ha