hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From reduno1985 <reduno1...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: About running a simple wordcount mapreduce
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 19:35:26 GMT

I have my hosts running on openstack virtual machine instances each instance has 10gb hard
disc . Is there a way too see how much space is in the hdfs without web ui .

Sent from Samsung MobileSerge Blazhievsky <hadoop.ca@gmail.com> wrote:Check web ui how
much space you have on hdfs???

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 22, 2013, at 11:41 AM, Abdelrahman Shettia <ashettia@hortonworks.com> wrote:

Hi Redwane ,

It is possible that the hosts which are running tasks are do not have enough space. Those
dirs are confiugred in mapred-site.xml

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 8:42 AM, Redwane belmaati cherkaoui <reduno1985@googlemail.com>
wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Redwane belmaati cherkaoui <reduno1985@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Subject: About running a simple wordcount mapreduce
To: mapreduce-issues@hadoop.apache.org

Hi
I am trying to run  a wordcount mapreduce job on several files (<20 mb) using two machines
. I get stuck on 0% map 0% reduce.
The jobtracker log file shows the following warning:
 WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobInProgress: No room for map task. Node hadoop0.novalocal
has 8791384064 bytes free; but we expect map to take 1317624576693539401

Please help me ,
Best Regards,