hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is FileSystem thread-safe?
Date Sun, 31 Mar 2013 14:40:54 GMT
FileSystem is an abstract class, what concrete class are you using
(DistributedFileSystem, etc) ? For FileSystem, I find the following for
create() method:

   * but the implementation is thread-safe. The other option is to change
the

   * value of umask in configuration to be 0, but it is not thread-safe.

  public static FSDataOutputStream create(FileSystem fs,

      Path file, FsPermission permission) throws IOException {