hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From rohit sarewar <rohitsare...@gmail.com>
Subject CDH4 installation along with MRv1 from tarball
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:50:07 GMT
Need some guidance on CDH4 installation from tarballs

I have downloaded two files from "
https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/SUPPORT/CDH4+Downloadable+Tarballs "

*1) hadoop-0.20-mapreduce-0.20.2+1341 *(has only MRv1)*
2) hadoop-2.0.0+922 *(has HDFS+ Yarn)

I was able to install MRv1 from first file "*1)
hadoop-0.20-mapreduce-0.20.2+1341 *"
 I have edited the *hadoop-env.sh*, core-site.xml,hdfs-site.xml and
mapred-site.xml present in the conf directory of the untared file.
My JobTracker and TaskTracker are working fine.

I could see few new variables to in *hadoop-env.sh *they are:
*HADOOP_NAMENODE_OPTS
HADOOP_SECONDARYNAMENODE_OPTS
HADOOP_DATANODE_OPTS
HADOOP_BALANCER_OPTS
HADOOP_JOBTRACKER_OPTS

What are these ? Am I supposed to set these?

*After untaring "*2) hadoop-2.0.0+922" .
*I can see one more set of config files at */etc/hadoop/*
Do I need to use these config files?

I am unable to start NAMENODE and DATANODE services from this.
What are the required config changes ?
Can any one guide me to the proper link which has all installation steps ?
Please Help.

Thanks
Rohit Sarewar
*