hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "David Parks" <davidpark...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Which hadoop installation should I use on ubuntu server?
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 08:09:32 GMT
Hmm, seems intriguing. I'm still not totally clear on bigtop here. It seems
like they're creating and maintain basically an installer for Hadoop?

I tried following their docs for Ubuntu, but just get a 404 error on the
first step, so it makes me wonder how reliable that project is.

Has anyone actually used bigtop to deploy Hadoop in a production

From: Nitin Pawar [mailto:nitinpawar432@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:22 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Which hadoop installation should I use on ubuntu server?

apache bigtop has builds done for ubuntu

you can check them at jenkins mentioned on bigtop.apache.org

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:37 AM, David Parks <davidparks21@yahoo.com>

I'm moving off AWS MapReduce to our own cluster, I'm installing Hadoop on
Ubuntu Server 12.10.

I see a .deb installer and installed that, but it seems like files are all
over the place `/usr/share/Hadoop`, `/etc/hadoop`, `/usr/bin/hadoop`. And
the documentation is a bit harder to follow:

So I just wonder if this installer is the best approach, or if it'll be
easier/better to just install the basic build in /opt/hadoop and perhaps the
docs become easier to follow. Thoughts?

Nitin Pawar

View raw message