hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From feng lu <amuseme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MapReduce processing with extra (possibly non-serializable) configuration
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 06:24:11 GMT
yes, you are right. First upload serialized configuration file to HDFS and
retrieve that file in the Mapper#configure method for each Mapper, and
deserialize the file to configuration object.

It seem that the configuration file serialization is required. You can find
many data serialization system such as avro,protobuf and etc.

--
Don't Grow Old, Grow Up... :-)