hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Text analytics
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 23:07:27 GMT
Hello ma'am,

    I know nothing about Splunk. But what I know is that Hadoop is more of
a batch processing system and is not a suitable choice for real time
search. Also, it is not a reporting tool. You can do some pre-processing
and keep your data ready in your tree structure through MapRreduce though,
which you can serve later. AFAIK Splunk has the ability to pull the data
and index it in real time. You just need some way to present that data in
your desired format.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/