hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Arko Provo Mukherjee <arkoprovomukher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Managing space in Master Node
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 19:52:00 GMT

Yeah, my NameNode is also seconding as a DataNode.

I would like to "turn off" this feature.

Request help regarding the same.

Thanks & regards

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Charles Baker <cbaker@sdl.com> wrote:
> Hi Arko. Sounds like you may be running a DataNode on the NameNode which is
> not recommended practice. Normally, the only files the NN stores are the
> image and edits files. It does not store any actual HDFS data. If you must
> run a DN on the NN, try turning down the logging in /conf/log4j.properties:
> #hadoop.root.logger=INFO,console
> #hadoop.root.logger=WARN,console
> hadoop.root.logger=ERROR,console
> Depending on the logging information you require, of course.
> -Chuck
this email may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It has been sent for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this mail, you are
hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of
the message.
> Registered address: 201 Edgewater Drive, Suite 225, Wakefield, MA 01880, USA

View raw message