hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Arko Provo Mukherjee <arkoprovomukher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Managing space in Master Node
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 00:21:00 GMT
Hello Everyone - I have decommissioned my NN so that only the
JobTracker, NameNode and SecondaryNameNodes are running on it now.
I would like to thank everyone who helped me to perform this task!

I have just one more issue: The data files created in the Master Node
seem to be still there. in /hdfs/data/current
Now that this server is not being used as a DataNode, can I safely
delete the files under this folder to clear up space?

Thanks & regards
Arko

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Arko Provo Mukherjee
<arkoprovomukherjee@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks! I have already requested for downtime. Will do the changes soon!
> Warm regards
> Arko
>
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 3:31 AM,  <ramon.pin@accenture.com> wrote:
>> Hi Arko.
>>
>>   Only thing you need to do is not running the TaskTracker and DataNode demons on
your master machine. Ensure you do not have this on your slaves file con hadoop's config directory
when you start the system. I'm supposing you are on Open Source release. For other distributions
look at its documentation about how to remove those demons from your master node machine.

immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.

>> Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates,
including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems
for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture
policy.