hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Cohesion of Hadoop team?
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 17:54:10 GMT
Absolutely not true.

We have a clear policy in place which ensures there is no feature disparity between hadoop-1
and hadoop-2. So, hadoop-2 is a super-set of functionality in hadoop-1 and there is no disparity.

hth,
Arun

On Jan 18, 2013, at 6:48 AM, Glen Mazza wrote:

> Hi, looking at the derivation of the 0.23.x & 2.0.x branches on one hand, and the
1.x branches on the other, as described here:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-user/201301.mbox/%3CCD0CAB8B.1098F%25evans%40yahoo-inc.com%3E
>
> One gets the impression the Hadoop committers are split into two teams, with one team
working on 0.23.x/2.0.2 and another team working on 1.x, running the risk of increasingly
diverging products eventually competing with each other.  Is that the case?  Is there expected
to be a Hadoop 3.0 where the results of the two lines of development will merge or is it increasingly
likely the subteams will continue their separate routes?

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.