hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Beaudreault <bbeaudrea...@hubspot.com>
Subject services requiring topology conf
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 17:01:28 GMT
The documentation on topology conf (topology.script.file.name) is a little
sparse, and while we have it working in our cluster I am trying to make it
a little easier to configure.

Currently we upload a python file and conf file to every node in our
cluster.  However I have a feeling that it is only needed on the
NameNode(s) and perhaps JobTracker.  I checked the code for DataNode and
see no reference to this configuration parameter, but I wanted to check
with you all before I stop updating the conf on every one of my nodes.

Can anyone confirm whether these configuration files only need to be
present on the NameNode/JobTracker, or do they need to be on every node in
a cluster?

View raw message