hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Hemanth Yamijala <yhema...@thoughtworks.com>
Subject Re: How to unit test mappers reading data from DistributedCache?
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 04:59:11 GMT
Hi,

Not sure how to do it using MRUnit, but should be possible to do this using
a mocking framework like Mockito or EasyMock. In a mapper (or reducer),
you'd use the Context classes to get the DistributedCache files. By mocking
these to return what you want, you could potentially run a true unit test.

Thanks
Hemanth