hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Panshul Whisper <ouchwhis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hadoop namenode recovery
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 03:04:24 GMT
thank you for the reply.

Is there a way with which I can configure my cluster to switch to the
Secondary Name Node automatically in case of the Primary Name Node failure?
When I run my current Hadoop, I see the primary and secondary both Name
nodes running. I was wondering what is that Secondary Name Node for? and
where is it configured?
I was also wondering, is it possible to have two or more Name nodes running
in the same cluster?

Thanks,
Regards,
Panshul.