hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Nan Zhu <zhunans...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fair Scheduler is not Fair why?
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 16:43:22 GMT
I think you should do that, so that when the allocation is inconsistent with fair share, the
tasks in the queue which occupies more beyond it's fair share will be killed, and the available
slots would be assigned to the other one (assuming the weights of them are the same)

Best,

--
Nan Zhu
School of Computer Science,

On Wednesday, 16 January, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Dhanasekaran Anbalagan wrote:

> HI Nan,
>
> We have not enabled Fair Scheduler Preemption.
>
> -Dhanasekaran.

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Nan Zhu <zhunansjtu@gmail.com (mailto:zhunansjtu@gmail.com)>
wrote:
> > have you enabled task preemption?
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > --
> > Nan Zhu
> > School of Computer Science,
> > McGill University
> >

> > On Wednesday, 16 January, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Justin Workman wrote:
> >
> > > Looks like weight for both pools is equal and all map slots are used. Therefore
I don't believe anyone has priority for the next slots. Try setting research weight to 2.
This should allow research to take slots as tech released them.

(mailto:bugcy013@gmail.com)> wrote:

> [...]
I stared job in research user mapper will not allocated why?