hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "Pastrana, Rodrigo (RIS-BCT)" <Rodrigo.Pastr...@lexisnexis.com>
Subject WEBHDFS API GETCONTENTSUMMARY issue
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:59:25 GMT
I'm using WEBHDFS to query directory/file information, but the GETCONTENTSUMMARY counts aren't
returning expected counts.

For example, when I query content summary for the directory /user/hadoop/tutorial, webhdfs
returns the following:

x.y.z.w:50070/webhdfs/v1/user/hadoop/tutorial/?op=GETCONTENTSUMMARY
{"ContentSummary":{"directoryCount":4,"fileCount":10,"length":3204490622,"quota":-1,"spaceConsumed":3204490622,"spaceQuota":-1}}.

But looking at the content of that dir through the web portal, I see 6 files and 3 subdirs:

accounts<http://slave1:50075/browseDirectory.jsp?dir=%2Fuser%2Fhadoop%2Ftutorial%2Faccounts&namenodeInfoPort=50070>

file

812.93 MB

1

64 MB

2012-12-12 10:59

rw-r--r--

hadoop

supergroup

accounts2<http://slave1:50075/browseDirectory.jsp?dir=%2Fuser%2Fhadoop%2Ftutorial%2Faccounts2&namenodeInfoPort=50070>

file

812.93 MB

1

64 MB

2012-07-31 16:48

rw-r--r--

hadoop

supergroup

accounts2-parts<http://slave1:50075/browseDirectory.jsp?dir=%2Fuser%2Fhadoop%2Ftutorial%2Faccounts2-parts&namenodeInfoPort=50070>

dir

2012-08-17 15:34

rwxr-xr-x

hadoop

supergroup

persons<http://slave1:50075/browseDirectory.jsp?dir=%2Fuser%2Fhadoop%2Ftutorial%2Fpersons&namenodeInfoPort=50070>

file

124.38 MB

1

64 MB

2012-07-11 13:19

rw-r--r--

hadoop

supergroup

persons-parts<http://slave1:50075/browseDirectory.jsp?dir=%2Fuser%2Fhadoop%2Ftutorial%2Fpersons-parts&namenodeInfoPort=50070>

dir

2012-12-12 10:35

rwxr-xr-x

hadoop

supergroup

persons2<http://slave1:50075/browseDirectory.jsp?dir=%2Fuser%2Fhadoop%2Ftutorial%2Fpersons2&namenodeInfoPort=50070>

file

124.38 MB

1

64 MB

2012-07-20 13:53

rw-r--r--

hadoop

supergroup

persons3<http://slave1:50075/browseDirectory.jsp?dir=%2Fuser%2Fhadoop%2Ftutorial%2Fpersons3&namenodeInfoPort=50070>

file

124.38 MB

1

64 MB

2012-12-12 10:53

rw-r--r--

hadoop

supergroup

short-accounts<http://slave1:50075/browseDirectory.jsp?dir=%2Fuser%2Fhadoop%2Ftutorial%2Fshort-accounts&namenodeInfoPort=50070>

file

59.88 MB

1

64 MB

2012-12-06 12:26

rw-r--r--

hadoop

supergroup

short-accounts-parts<http://slave1:50075/browseDirectory.jsp?dir=%2Fuser%2Fhadoop%2Ftutorial%2Fshort-accounts-parts&namenodeInfoPort=50070>

dir

2012-12-06 15:00

rwxr-xr-x

hadoop

supergroup

Can anybody help make sense of the summary numbers?

Thanks, Rodrigo.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only
for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or
work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this document in error and
that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and
delete the original message.