hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject SequenceFile official mime type name
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:45:21 GMT
Hi all,

I'm working on an application that processes files in various formats,
and among others it tries to identify their official mime type name.

Sequence files are easily identifiable by their header (SEQn), but I'm
not sure what mime type name I should use - I can use whatever I like,
but it would be nice to have some consensus in the community about it,
especially since I plan also to submit this mime type for inclusion in Tika.

If there's no such name, I propose to use
application/vnd.hadoop-sequence-file . What do you think?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki