hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Mark Grover <grover.markgro...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop-1.1.1 namenode and datanode version mismatch
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 06:33:07 GMT
Hi all,
I downloaded Hadoop-1.1.1 tar ball from one of the mirrors and
configured it in psuedo-distributed mode.

Namenode starts fine but datanode fails to start because of version mismatch.

The value of hadoop.relaxed.worker.version.check property (related to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8209) doesn't help in
this case since the major+minor versions don't match. Sounds like a
bug to me, we seem to have missed changing the datanode version before
the release. Can someone please confirm?

Here is the error:
2012-12-12 22:17:42,251 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: java.io.IOException:
Incompatible versions: namenode version 1.1.1 revision 1411108
datanode version 1.1.2-SNAPSHOT revision  and
hadoop.relaxed.worker.version.check is enabled
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.handshake(DataNode.java:632)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.startDataNode(DataNode.java:376)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.<init>(DataNode.java:309)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.makeInstance(DataNode.java:1651)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.instantiateDataNode(DataNode.java:1590)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.createDataNode(DataNode.java:1608)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.secureMain(DataNode.java:1734)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.main(DataNode.java:1751)

Thanks,
Mark