hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: submitting a mapreduce job to remote cluster
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 17:22:35 GMT
Hi,

This appears to be more of an environment or JRE config issue. Your
Windows machine needs the kerberos configuration files on it for Java
security APIs to be able to locate which KDC to talk to, for logging
in. You can also manually specify the path to such a configuration -
read http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jgss/tutorials/KerberosReq.html
for some behavior data on how a JRE would locate the kerberos config
file on different platforms, and how you may override it.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Erravelli, Venkat
<venkat.erravelli@baml.com> wrote:
> Tried the below :
>
> conf.set("hadoop.security.authentication", "kerberos");  >>>>>>>>
 Added this line.

> UserGroupInformation.setConfiguration(conf);  <<<<<<<<<<<<<
Now, it fails on this line with the below exception

> Exception in thread "Main Thread" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>         at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.initialize(UserGroupInformation.java:227)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.setConfiguration(UserGroupInformation.java:268)
>         at com.ard.WordCountJob.process2(WordCountJob.java:147)
>         at com.ard.WordCountJob.main(WordCountJob.java:198)
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't get Kerberos configuration
>         at org.apache.hadoop.security.HadoopKerberosName.<clinit>(HadoopKerberosName.java:44)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.initialize(UserGroupInformation.java:227)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.setConfiguration(UserGroupInformation.java:267)
>         at com.ard.WordCountJob.process2(WordCountJob.java:142)
>         at com.ard.WordCountJob.main(WordCountJob.java:197)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.KerberosUtil.getDefaultRealm(KerberosUtil.java:63)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.security.HadoopKerberosName.<clinit>(HadoopKerberosName.java:41)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.initialize(UserGroupInformation.java:227)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.setConfiguration(UserGroupInformation.java:268)
>         at com.ard.WordCountJob.process2(WordCountJob.java:147)
>         at com.ard.WordCountJob.main(WordCountJob.java:198)
> Caused by: KrbException: Could not load configuration file C:\WINNT\krb5.ini (The system
cannot find the file specified)
>         at sun.security.krb5.Config.<init>(Config.java:147)
>         at sun.security.krb5.Config.getInstance(Config.java:79)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.KerberosUtil.getDefaultRealm(KerberosUtil.java:63)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.security.HadoopKerberosName.<clinit>(HadoopKerberosName.java:41)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.initialize(UserGroupInformation.java:227)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.setConfiguration(UserGroupInformation.java:267)
>         at com.ard.WordCountJob.process2(WordCountJob.java:142)
>         at com.ard.WordCountJob.main(WordCountJob.java:197)
> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\WINNT\krb5.ini (The system cannot find the
file specified)
>         at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
>         at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
>         at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:66)
>         at sun.security.krb5.Config$1.run(Config.java:539)
>         at sun.security.krb5.Config.loadConfigFile(Config.java:535)
>         at sun.security.krb5.Config.<init>(Config.java:144)
>         ... 11 more

read when you instantiate the Configuration class.

> Alternatively, you may try to set: "hadoop.security.authentication" to "kerberos" manually
in your Configuration (conf) object.