hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "ac@hsk.hk" ...@hsk.hk>
Subject Re: High Availability - second namenode (master2) issue: Incompatible namespaceIDs
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 11:07:10 GMT
Thank you very much, will try.

On 16 Nov 2012, at 4:31 PM, Vinayakumar B wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you are moving from NonHA (single master) to HA, then follow the below steps.
> 1.       Configure the another namenode’s configuration in the running namenode and
all datanode’s configurations. And configure logical fs.defaultFS
> 2.       Configure the shared storage related configuration.
> 3.       Stop the running NameNode and all datanodes.
> 4.       Execute ‘hdfs namenode –initializeSharedEdits’ from the existing namenode
installation, to transfer the edits to shared storage.
> 5.       Now format zkfc using ‘hdfs zkfc –formatZK’ and start zkfc using ‘hadoop-daemon.sh
start zkfc’
> 6.       Now restart the namenode from existing installation. If all configurations are
fine, then NameNode should start successfully as STANDBY, then zkfc will make it to ACTIVE.

> 7.       Now install the NameNode in another machine (master2) with same configuration,
except ‘dfs.ha.namenode.id’.
> 8.       Now instead of format, you need to copy the name dir contents from another namenode
(master1) to master2’s name dir. For this you are having 2 options.
> a.       Execute ‘hdfs namenode -bootStrapStandby’  from the master2 installation.
> b.      Using ‘scp’ copy entire contents of name dir from master1 to master2’s
name dir.
> 9.       Now start the zkfc for second namenode ( No need to do zkfc format now). Also
start the namenode (master2)

> Regards,
> Vinay-

that is having some data already. DN also will have namespace ID saved and compared with NN
namespaceID. if you format NN, then namespaceID will be changed and DN may have still older
namespaceID. So, just cleaning the data in DN would be fine.

> Regards,
> Uma

on the HDFS.  Now I am setting up the second master  (master2) in order to form HA.  When
I used JPS to check the cluster, I found :

> 2782 Jps
> 2126 NameNode
> 2720 SecondaryNameNode
> i.e. The datanode on this server could not be started
>
> In the log file, found:
> 2012-11-16 10:28:44,851 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: java.io.IOException:
Incompatible namespaceIDs in /app/hadoop/tmp/dfs/data: namenode namespaceID = 1356148070;
datanode namespaceID = 1151604993

> One of the possible solutions to fix this issue is to:  stop the cluster, reformat the
NameNode, restart the cluster.
> QUESTION: As I already have HBASE running on the cluster, if I reformat the NameNode,
do I need to reinstall the entire HBASE? I don't mind to have all data lost as I don't have
many data in HBASE and HDFS, however I don't want to re-install HBASE again.

> On the other hand, I have tried another solution: stop the DataNode, edit the namespaceID
in current/VERSION (i.e. set namespaceID=1151604993), restart the datanode, it doesn't work: