hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Bertrand Dechoux <decho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cumulative value using mapreduce
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 16:20:31 GMT

It sounds like a
1) group information by account
2) compute sum per account

If that not the case, you should precise a bit more about your context.

This computing looks like a small variant of wordcount. If you do not know
how to do it, you should read books about Hadoop MapReduce and/or online
tutorial. Yahoo's is old but still a nice read to begin with :

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Sarath <
sarathchandra.josyam@algofusiontech.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a file which has some financial transaction data. Each transaction
> will have amount and a credit/debit indicator.
> I want to write a mapreduce program which computes cumulative credit &
> debit amounts at each record
> and append these values to the record before dumping into the output file.
> Is this possible? How can I achieve this? Where should i put the logic of
> computing the cumulative values?
> Regards,
> Sarath.

Bertrand Dechoux