hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: MapReduce jobs from remote
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 10:39:06 GMT
Hi Alberto,

When doing a "hadoop jar <jar>" you'll of course need a compiled jar, yes.

When running from Eclipse the job class files are on your classpath
already. If you use the job.setJarByClass(Driver.class); call in your
submitter, it will ensure it can pack up all job-required jars
properly and ship it as the job jar when you call submit()/runJob().
Is this something you're missing to do?

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Alberto Cordioli
<cordioli.alberto@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bertrand, I read about the plugin, but it seems to work only with
> Hadoop 0.20.2 and I am currently working with Hadoop 1.0.3
>
> Harsh, it's not really clear to me why you're saying that it's enough
> to have the config file in the classpath.
> Also the jar is required, right? Otherwise I get
> ClassNotFoundException. Am I missing something?
>
> Thank you very much,
> Alberto
>

> On 20 September 2012 17:18, Harsh J <harsh@cloudera.com> wrote:
>> You have already found the simplest way of doing this, I think. The
>> other way may be to use Oozie if your job jars don't change much and
>> can be staged directly into HDFS for ready submit-when-required.
>>
>> However, if you wanna run from Eclipse, you just need the config file
>> resources on the classpath of the run configuration of your job
>> project. That should work well enough.
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:44 PM, Alberto Cordioli
>> <cordioli.alberto@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Now I'd like to deploy a simple MapReduce job, written in Java, to a
>>> remote cluster within Eclipse.
>>> For the moment I've found this solution:
>>>
>>> 1) Put the hadoop conf file in the classpath
>>> 1) Put the jar containing the job in the classpath.

--
Harsh J