hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Pseudo distributed mode : How to increase no of concurrent map task
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 21:14:08 GMT
Jay,

The right answer would be: Do not use config strings, use API points
available for each config tweak allowed at the client/job level.
However, things may not be complete here and there may be advanced
level of tuning that we didn't want to provide/support an API for. So…
yeah.

With 2.x+, which renamed much of config files for consistency,
hopefully, you can rely on names. If a config name goes
<project>.<daemonname>.configname, such as "yarn.nodemanager.foo",
then it is daemon-specific. Otherwise, client overridable in one way
or the other. A certain level of this hint can be applied to
1.x/0.20.x as well, but there are certain property names that flout
that standard format from the past.

--
Harsh J