hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Siddharth Tiwari <siddharth.tiw...@live.com>
Subject Hadoop and MainFrame integration
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 16:24:11 GMT

Hi Users.

We have flat files on mainframes with around a billion records. We need to sort them and then
use them with different jobs on mainframe for report generation. I was wondering was there
any way I could integrate the mainframe with hadoop do the sorting and keep the file on the
sever itself ( I do not want to ftp the file to a hadoop cluster and then ftp back the sorted
file to Mainframe as it would waste MIPS and nullify the advantage ). This way I could save
on MIPS and ultimately improve profitability.

Thank you in advance

Cheers !!!

Siddharth Tiwari

Have a refreshing day !!!