hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Siddharth Tiwari <siddharth.tiw...@live.com>
Subject RE: How do we view the blocks of a file in HDFS
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 16:46:10 GMT

Hi Abhishek,

You can use fsck for this purpose

hadoop fsck <HDFS directory> -files -blocks -locations  --- Displays what you want

*------------------------*

Cheers !!!

Siddharth Tiwari

Have a refreshing day !!!

From: abhisheksgumadi@gmail.com
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 22:10:37 +0530
Subject: How do we view the blocks of a file in HDFS
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

hi,
   If I push a file into HDFS that runs on a 4 node cluster with 1 namenode and 3 datanodes,
how can I view where on the datanodes are the blocks of this file?I would like to view the
blocks and their replicas individually. How can I do this?

The answer is very critical for my current task which is halted :) A detailed answer will
be highly appreciated.Thank you!

With Regards,
Abhishek S