hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From <yogesh.kuma...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Sqoop installation
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:55:52 GMT
Hello Rahul,

Follow the steps mentioned in this blog.

http://jugnu-life.blogspot.in/search/label/Sqoop

Regards
Yogesh Kumar Dhari

________________________________
From: rahul p [rahulpoolanchalil@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:14 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Sqoop installation

Hi,

I am trying to install sqoop.
i am different commands to install in my Ubuntu but nothing is working.
Can someone help me on the same
these the commands i have tried

sudo yum -y install bigtop-utils bigtop-jsvc bigtop-tomcat hadoop hadoop-hdfs hadoop-httpfs

 $ sudo apt-get install sqoop
sudo zypper install sqoop

i have my downloaded sqoop file sqoop-1.4.1-incubating-src in the download folder path
/home/hadoop/Download
i tried running commands after entering the directory.
 sudo apt-get install sqoop
it says unable to locate the package sqoop

Thanks
Rahul

of this message and any attachments.

www.wipro.com