hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "Li Shengmei" <lisheng...@ict.ac.cn>
Subject About many user accounts in hadoop platform
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 03:43:46 GMT
Hi, all

         There are many users in hadoop platform. Can they install their own
hadoop version on the same clusters platform?

I tried to do this but failed. There exsited a user account and the user
install his hadoop. I create another account and install his hadoop. The
logs display "ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode:
java.net.BindException: Problem binding to hadoop01/10.3.1.91:9000 : Address
already in use". So I change the port no. to 8000, but still failed.

When I "start-all.sh", the namenode can't start, the logs display "ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException
as:lismhadoop cause:java.net.BindException: Address already in use"

Can anyone give some suggestions?

Thanks,

May