hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Dare <dayakar.bit...@gmail.com>
Subject TFile Named Meta Blocks Read Write Related
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 01:07:34 GMT
Hi Hadoop Team,

I have been working with the TFiles in Hadoop. I got a few questions
regarding Named Meta Blocks.

1) Using TFile.Writer one can append a <K,V> pair. But, if I prepare a Meta
Block, then it returns a DataOutputStream which allows to write in byte[],
since my <K,V> pairs are serialized objects.
    Is this the same way or is there something I am missing. Because, out
of my understanding, if I write it as a <K,V> pair, the key indexes will be
prepared at the tail of the TFile.
    But, when I write it as a just byte[], i am not sure if the indexes are
formed.

2) While reading, is there a way to read <K,V> entry using the
DataInputStream got from the getMetaBlock().

Thanks
DaRe