hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Tim Broberg <Tim.Brob...@exar.com>
Subject Re: Understanding compression in hdfs
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2012 15:40:03 GMT
What if you wrote a CompressionOutputStream class that wraps around the existing ones and outputs
a hash per <n> bytes and a CompressionInputStream that checks them? ...and a Codec that
wraps your compressors around arbitrary existing codecs.

Sounds like a bunch of work, and I'm not sure where you would store the hashes, but it would
get the data into your clutches the instant it's available.

    - Tim.

On Jul 29, 2012, at 7:41 AM, "Yaron Gonen" <yaron.gonen@gmail.com<mailto:yaron.gonen@gmail.com>>