hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Subroto <ssan...@datameer.com>
Subject S3 listStatus on a directory return the directory itself as a file
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:12:03 GMT
Hi,

I am using Native S3 file system with Hadoop 0.20.2
I have a bucket called "dm.test.subroto" and a folder structure within it like:
folder1/folder2/2012/02 which has a file called report.csv

When I call list status on the a/m mentioned path I get a array of two file status:
1) A file(not directory) with the path:s3n://dm.test.subroto/folderLevel1/folderLevel2/2012/02
2) A file with path s3n://dm.test.subroto/folderLevel1/folderLevel2/2012/02/report.csv

Is it correct to get the folder to be listed as a file again or there is a problem with NativeS3FileSystem
implementation?

Cheers,
Subroto Sanyal