hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "Bejoy KS" <bejoy.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NameNode fails
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 06:33:51 GMT
Hi Yogesh

Is your dfs.name.dir pointing to /tmp dir? If so try changing that to any other dir . The
contents of /tmp may get wiped out on OS restarts.

Regards
Bejoy KS

-----Original Message-----
From: <yogesh.kumar13@wipro.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 06:20:02
To: <hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: NameNode fails

Hello All :-),

I am new to Hdfs.

I have installed single node hdfs and started all nodes, every nodes gets started and work
fine.
But when I shutdown my system or Restart it, then i try to run all nodes but Namenode doesn't
start .

to Start it i need to format the namenode and all data gets wash off :-(.

Please help me and suggest me regarding this and how can I recover namenode from secondary
name node on single node setup

Thanks & Regards
Yogesh Kumar Dhari

of this message and any attachments.