hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Evgeny Turnaev <turnae...@gmail.com>
Subject hdfsConnectAsUser vs hdfsConnectAsUserNewInstance
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 09:48:43 GMT
Hello all,
  Is there any docs on libhdfs online? I googled but did not found.
  Currently i am trying to figure out difference between
  hdfsConnectAsUserNewInstance (*NewInstance) calls and hdfsConnectAsUser
  It is said in hdfs.h:
  """Applications should call a hdfsDisconnect for every call to
hdfsConnectAsUserNewInstance."""
  So when i call hdfsConnectAsUser or hdfsConnect same connection
instance is used? Do i have to close each returned by hdfsConnect
pointer or just one? I checked returned address of hdfsConnectAsUser
and it is returning different address per each call. I expected
pointer to be the same in case this is the same instance? or by
instance here meant java object instance?
Any help appreciated.

Турнаев Евгений Викторович
+7 906 875 09 43