hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Brendan cheng <ccp...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Storing millions of small files
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 08:30:27 GMT

Thanks you guys advice! I have to mention more for my use case:
(1) million files to store(2) 99% static, no change once written(3) fast download, or highly
Available (4) cost effective
(5) in future, would like extend a versioning system on the file
of course from administrative point of view, most Hadoop function works for me.
I checked a little bit of HBASE and I want to compare it with MongoDB as both also kind of
key value.  but MongoDB give me more functionalities that I don't need it at the moment.
what do you think?