hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Amith D K <amit...@huawei.com>
Subject Need some clarification about fsck missing replicas
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 08:17:13 GMT
Hi ,

I need to know when the missing replicas in fsck is displayed

>From Hadoop Definitive guide 3 we can see

"Missing Replicas

    Threse are blocks with no replicas anywhere in the cluster."

page number 346 Chap 10 Administrating Hadoop.

If we check the code
NamenodeFsck#check() {
.
.
if(locs.length < targetFileReplication && locs.length>0) {
res.missingreplicas+=(targetFileReplication - locs.length );
res.numUnderReplicatedBlocks+=1;
.
.
}

currently from code i can makeout the number of replicas required to meet the expected replication.

1. By the definition from Definitive guide res.missingreplicas should be incremented when
locs.length==0,
    I am not able makeout which one to follow ?

2. Should missing replicas be considered as UnderReplicatedBlocks while displaying in fsck
?

Thanks in Advance
Amith