hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Arpit Gupta <ar...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: webhdfs is inaccessible
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 04:27:59 GMT
Add the following to your hdfs-site.xml and restart namenode and datanode

<property>
    <name>dfs.webhdfs.enabled</name>
    <value>true</value>
    <description>to enable webhdfs</description>
  </property>

--
Arpit Gupta
Hortonworks Inc.

On May 21, 2012, at 9:23 PM, Brendan cheng wrote:

> Hi,
> I followed single-node setup and successfully installed.  HDFS run on 50070 website.
> but I can't curl it
> curl -i -X PUT "http://192.168.56.101:50070/webhdfs/v1/user/brendan/22m.png?op=CREATE"HTTP/1.1
405 HTTP method PUT is not supported by this URLContent-Length: 0Server: Jetty(6.1.26)
> I also update the hdfs-site-xml file with following property:
 		<description>The user account used by the web interface.    	Syntax: USERNAME,GROUP1,GROUP2,
...</description>	</property>