hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Amritanshu Shekhar <amritanshu.shek...@exponential.com>
Subject how to read binary data from hdfs
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 10:12:44 GMT
Hi Guys,
I want to read binary data (produced by a C program) that is copied to HDFS using a java program.
The idea is that I would write a map-reduce job eventually  that would  use the aforementioned
programs output(the java program would read binary data and create a Java object which the
map function would use). I read about the sequence file format that hadoop supports but converting
the binary data using java serialization into sequence file format would add another layer
of complexity. Is there a simple no frills API  that I can use to read binary data directly
from HDFS. Any help/resources would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks and Regards,
Amritanshu