hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "帝" <uni...@foxmail.com>
Subject When I connect to Hadoop it always 'retrying connect', something wrong with my configurations?
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:04:58 GMT
I am running a Hadoop cluster of about 40 machines, and I got some problem with the HDFS.

When I try to connect to the HDFS, say using the 'hadoop fs -ls /' command, sometimes it needs
to retry connect to HDFS:
12/04/25 11:22:01 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: master/10.10.10.51:8020. Already
tried 0 time(s).

And then it can connect to HDFS and return the result. But the process costs time and I am
looking for some way to solve it.

Is there something wrong with my Hadoop configurations? Or something wrong with the networking?