hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Lukáš Kryške <lu...@hotmail.cz>
Subject RE: When I connect to Hadoop it always 'retrying connect', something wrong with my configurations?
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:12:29 GMT

I am getting this message if I try to process some data in HDFS but the necessary daemons
are not started prior to my HDFS request (I am using Hadoop V0.20.2 so I am using /start-all.sh
script). You're writting it works after some time so I guess the problem is in the communication
between HDFS daemons in your Hadoop cluster.Is your HDFS formatted for all machines or have
you add some nodes already into the formatted cluster?

_________________Regards,Lukas

From: unionx@foxmail.com
To: hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: When I connect to Hadoop it always 'retrying connect', something wrong with my configurations?
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 16:04:58 +0800

I am running a Hadoop cluster of about 40 machines, and I got some problem with the HDFS.

When I try to connect to the HDFS, say using the 'hadoop fs -ls /' command, sometimes it needs
to retry connect to HDFS:12/04/25 11:22:01 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: master/10.10.10.51:8020.
Already tried 0 time(s).
And then it can connect to HDFS and return the result. But the process costs time and I am
looking for some way to solve it.

Is there something wrong with my Hadoop configurations? Or something wrong with the networking?