hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Manu S <manupk...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop-Fuse issue
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 09:18:40 GMT
Dear All,

I have installed Hadoop-fuse to mount the HDFS filesystem locally for more
flexibility. I could mount the HDFS without any issues.But I am not able to
do any file operations like *delete, copy, move* orations directly. The
directory ownership automatically changed to nobody:nobody while mounting.

[root@namenode ~]# ls -ld /hdfs_mount/
drwxr-xr-x 2 *root root* 4096 Apr  3 16:22 /hdfs_mount/

[root@namenode ~]#  *hadoop-fuse-dfs dfs://namenode:8020 /hdfs_mount/*
INFO fuse_options.c:162 Adding FUSE arg /hdfs_mount/

[root@namenode ~]# ls -ld /hdfs_mount/
drwxrwxr-x 10* nobody nobody* 4096 Apr  5 13:22 /hdfs_mount/

I tried the same with pseudo-distributed node, its working fine. I can do
any normal file operations after mounting the HDFS.

Appreciate your help on the same.

Thanks & Regards
*Manu S*
SI Engineer - OpenSource & HPC
Wipro Infotech
Mob: +91 8861302855                Skype: manuspkd

View raw message